Eight hospitals in seven NHS Trusts have reported circumstances of listeria linked to pre-packed sandwiches and salads eaten by sufferers, Well being Secretary Matt Hancock has confirmed.
The record consists of Leicester Royal Infirmary and two hospitals in Western Sussex NHS Basis Belief, together with hospitals in Derby, Liverpool, Manchester and Wexham.
9 sufferers have been affected, of whom 5 have died.
The meals concerned has been withdrawn.
The Good Meals Chain had equipped salads and/or sandwiches to the next 43 NHS trusts:
- North West Anglia NHS Basis Belief
- East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Basis Belief
- The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Belief
- Chelsea and Westminster NHS Basis Belief
- Homerton College Hospital NHS Basis Belief
- Imperial Faculty Healthcare NHS Belief
- Kings Faculty Hospital NHS Basis Belief
- Kingston Hospital NHS Basis Belief
- Lewisham and Greenwich Hospital NHS Belief
- Oxleas NHS Basis Belief
- Royal Brompton and Harefield Hospital NHS Basis Belief
- Birmingham Girls’s and Kids’s NHS Basis Belief
- Black Nation Partnership NHS Basis Belief
- Leicester Partnership NHS Belief
- Midlands Partnership NHS Basis Belief
- College Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Belief
- College Hospitals Derby and Burton NHS Basis Belief – one confirmed deadly case of listeria
- College Hospitals of Leicester NHS Belief – one confirmed deadly case of listeria
- College Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Belief
- Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Belief
- Walsall Healthcare NHS Belief
- The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Belief
- Aintree College Hospitals NHS Belief – one confirmed deadly case of listeria
- Barnsley Hospital NHS Basis Belief
- Bolton Hospital NHS Basis Belief
- Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Basis Belief
- Doncaster and Bassetlaw Instructing Hospitals NHS Belief
- East Cheshire NHS Belief
- Manchester College NHS Basis Belief – two confirmed deadly circumstances of listeria
- Mersey Care NHS Basis Belief
- North West Boroughs Healthcare NHS Basis Belief
- Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Basis Belief
- Wirral College Instructing Hospital NHS Basis Belief
- The Walton Centre NHS Basis Belief
- Ashford and St Peter’s Hospitals NHS Basis Belief
- Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Basis Belief
- East Kent Hospitals NHS Basis Belief – one confirmed case of listeria
- Frimley Well being NHS Basis Belief – one confirmed case of listeria
- Oxford College Hospitals NHS Basis Belief
- Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Basis Belief
- Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Basis Belief – one confirmed case of listeria
- Royal Berkshire Hospital NHS Basis Belief
- Weston Space Well being NHS Belief
- Virgin (Farnham Hospital) – unbiased supplier
Public Well being England says the well being danger to the general public stays low, and people ought to solely search medical consideration in the event that they develop signs.
Listeria is a bacterium which might trigger a kind of meals poisoning known as listeriosis.
Usually, the signs are gentle – a excessive temperature, chills, feeling sick – and go away on their very own after a number of days
However on this outbreak, the circumstances occurred in individuals who had been already significantly unwell in hospital, and they’re most susceptible to extreme an infection.
Listeria can then trigger injury to organs, unfold to the mind or bloodstream, and be deadly.